site stats Marbella Spectator: On-Street Parking Problem

Marbella Spectator

AN INDEPENDENT SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS OF THE OAKS NORTH MARBELLA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION [JOHN W. ELLIS, EDITOR]

Name:
Location: Rancho Bernardo

I am a retired lawyer and former law school professor residing in Oaks North Marbella. I have served as President of the Marbella Board of Directors and as a member of the Rancho Bernardo Community Council. I belong to the Oaks North Men's Golf Clubs (Tuesday and Thursday Groups). As a hobby, I publish the Marbella Spectator for my neighbors and the 19th Hole for my fellow golfers.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

On-Street Parking Problem

ON-STREET PARKING CAN BE CONTROLLED

(Source: Oaks North Community Center - The July August 2006 Courier)

Several residents have complained to the Board of Directors about the number of cars that are being parked on the streets in some Oaks North neighborhoods. On-street parking degrades the appearance of a neighborhood. It is especially distressing in Oaks North. Our streets have a beauty and charm that is destroyed when a number of cars are habitually left parked along the street. The Board urges residents not to park on the street for extended periods of time and to put their cars in the garage, or at least in the driveway, overnight.

If voluntary cooperation cannot be obtained, a San Diego City Ordinance allows a neighborhood, by a vote of the residents to prohibit overnight parking on the street. If you would like more information about these procedures, please call the Community Center office at 487-0120.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home