site stats Marbella Spectator: Block Party: Jan Griffiths, wife of Hugh, and Block Party Committee Member

Marbella Spectator

AN INDEPENDENT SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS OF THE OAKS NORTH MARBELLA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION [JOHN W. ELLIS, EDITOR]

Name:
Location: Rancho Bernardo

I am a retired lawyer and former law school professor residing in Oaks North Marbella. I have served as President of the Marbella Board of Directors and as a member of the Rancho Bernardo Community Council. I belong to the Oaks North Men's Golf Clubs (Tuesday and Thursday Groups). As a hobby, I publish the Marbella Spectator for my neighbors and the 19th Hole for my fellow golfers.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Block Party: Jan Griffiths, wife of Hugh, and Block Party Committee Member


Jan Griffiths (in the foreground) is one of the eight ladies who organized the Calle Estepona Block Party. She is the wife of Hugh Griffiths. Their home is shown in the background over her right shoulder. Among other talents, Hugh is proficient in making stained glass and raising tomatoes. Everybody in the neighborhood knows Hugh, because they see him at work in his garage. It is a very interesting story of how he won a prize of $5,000 for "Hugh" tomatoes he grew at his residence on Calle Estepona. I read about it in the San Diego Union-Tribune, and I think he had television appearances, also. It pains me that I did not take a photo of Hugh, but his time is coming. (click on the photo to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home